Gemini Award-winning journalist David Akin covers Canadian federal and electoral politics and is currently Chief Political Correspondent for Global News where his work is featured on Global National, on Global news programs across the country, on Corus radio stations, and at GlobalNews.ca. Akin has covered five federal elections and more than a dozen provincial elections. He has reported from several G8, G20, APEC, and other international summits of heads of government. Akin received a Gemini Award for his reporting while he was a correspondent for CTV National News. In 2017, Akin received a National Newspaper Award for his political reporting for the National Post. Akin has long been one of Canada’s journalism pioneers when it comes to exploring ways to use digital media and computer-assisted tools for newsgathering and publishing. A Montrealer by birth, Akin studied history at the University of Guelph. He lives near Ottawa with his wife and two children.
- Company:Chief Political Correspondent, Global News
- February 21, 2019, 08:00 Transportation Infrastructure
- January 31, 2019, 08:00 Climate Change and the Environment
- November 1, 2018, 0800 Artificial Intelligence: Real Implications
- October 17, 2018, 08:00 Capitalism with a Cause: Rising Social Entrepreneurship in Canada
- October 4, 2018, 08:00 Universal Pharmacare: Prescribing a solution