Rachel Curran is a lawyer by training, and has nearly fifteen years of experience in public affairs, including extensive experience providing strategic and policy advice to the Prime Minister of Canada and federal and provincial Cabinet ministers.
As Director of Policy to former Prime Minister Stephen Harper, Rachel was responsible for setting and implementing the government’s policy agenda over the course of a four-year mandate, and oversaw all major governmental initiatives including the preparation of the annual federal budget.
Rachel currently works as a senior associate with Harper & Associates Ltd., an international consulting firm led by former Prime Minister Harper, and is an instructor at Carleton University’s Riddell Program in Political Management. She also appears as a regular panelist on CBC’s “Power and Politics”, commenting on issues of policy and politics, and is a recurring contributor to the Institute for Research on Public Policy’s Policy Options magazine.
- Company:Principal, Harper and Associates
- November 14, 2019, 0800 What’s Next for PharmaCare
- January 31, 2019, 08:00 Climate Change and the Environment
- December 13, 2018, 08:00 International Trade: New Sandbox Rules
- June 5, 2018, 08:00 Privacy and the Digital Age
- April 12, 2018, 08:00 Energy and the Environment
- March 21, 2008, 08:00 Canada’s Investment Climate