Craig Stewart leads national work on disaster resilience and climate change at the Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC) – the industry association representing the property and casualty insurance industry in Canada. He currently chairs the national multisectoral working group on flood risk reporting into Federal/Provincial/Territorial Ministers of Emergency Management.
Previous to his work with IBC, Craig directed the Ottawa Bureau and Arctic program for WWF Canada, handled pandemic liaison, trade liaison and humanitarian donations for GlaxoSmithKline (Canada) Ltd., directed a $60 million federal/provincial/territorial program at Natural Resources Canada to elevate the Canadian geospatial industry and founded the Miistakis Institute at the University of Calgary.
Craig holds a master of science from the University of Calgary, and a bachelor of arts in political science from the University of Toronto. He is the author of two atlases on the Rocky Mountains of Alberta, British Columbia and Montana.
- Company:Vice-President, Federal Affairs, IBC
- January 28, 2020, 0800 Climate Change and our Planet
- April 11, 2019, 0800 Infrastructure: A Look at ICT
- January 31, 2019, 08:00 Climate Change and the Environment
- April 12, 2018, 08:00 Energy and the Environment